An opportunity to travel should be seen as a gift of adventure and an opportunity for positive change. Travel provides unique opportunities for us to develop ourselves, to develop our beliefs about ourselves, to examine our beliefs about others, and to provide us with a truer sense of ourselves. HOWEVER…such opportunities do not come without certain strings attached and international travel is no exception to this.
Adventures are unique in both the journey and destination. To take part in this particular musical adventure in Germany, you will need to give thoughtful consideration to the following requirements:
- Possess a valid US Passport. If you need a passport -OR- if you need to renew your passport, click HERE. If your passport is set to expire within 6-months of the date that you enter Germany, you need to renew it. Do not delay.
- Pay a non-refundable deposit of $300 to LIFE Fellowship by February 24.
- Commit to effectively participating in all trip fundraising efforts.
- Commit to consistent and effective use of rehearsal resources.
- Understand that you are an important and influential singular voice within a choir of many. Reflect this understanding through your musical participation in rehearsals and performances, your interactions with your team, and the presentation of your self to your brothers, sisters, supporters and audiences.
- Complete a singer assessment with the choir director. Assessments are scheduled to take place on February 10 from 7pm – 8:30pm at LIFE Fellowship in Room 307.
- Perform the selected musical program from memory. Target dates for memorization are noted on the choir’s rehearsal schedule.
- Agree to miss no more than 3 choir rehearsals*. Missing more than 3 rehearsals will forfeit your membership in the choir. No monies paid or raised by a singer are refundable. You can view the rehearsal schedule HERE. Please plan your personal schedule accordingly.*In light of exceptional circumstances surrounding a singer’s 4th absence, the Oxygen Choir’s leadership team may determine to extend a conditional opportunity to maintain membership in the choir and participate in the tour.