I love Facebook. I really, really do! It is my one constant social addiction. I discover so much about people and about myself through it!
Recently, I noticed numerous Facebook status updates from my friends in my news feed beginning with the words “Things you may not know about me” and containing a list of things regarding mysterious or little-known information about the poster. I read nearly all the lists that I could find, but was unaware of how numbers for these list were being assigned. After reading one of these particular posts from a close friend, I clicked “like”. Within seconds, I received a message from this particular that stated, “Your number is 7. You must list 7 things that people may not know about you as your Facebook status”. Apparently, if you “like” any of these lists, you get a number assigned to you that you then must use to create your own list.
My initial response was “not gonna do it, sorry!”. There is plenty of information that people do not know about me and it’s with good reason that they don’t! LOL! But my friend reminded me that I am rather anal-retentive when it comes to following the rules of any game.
My number is 7. Here are 7 things you may know about me…
1. For a competition, I dressed up, with a friend, as WHAM in 5th grade and lip-sang sang “Jitter Bug”.
2. I did not plan or choose to be a worship leader.
3. I won a few writing competitions in middle and high school.
4. Throughout high school, I wanted to be a veterinarian or a lawyer.
5. I failed the entrance exam for the school of music at Appalachian State University.
6. I get extremely nervous when I lead worship or perform.
7. I used to weigh 245 pounds until I watched the movie, “Cider House Rules” After watching that movie, something clicked inside of me and I began to educate myself about nutrition and weight loss…weird, I know.